DLR Sports Partnership would like to invite all sports clubs in the county to our Sports Forum meeting on Thursday 30th June in The Talbot Hotel, Stillorgan. The key topic of discussion will be Concussion Awareness in Sport with guest speaker Shane Mooney from the IRFU.
We will also be updating clubs on:
- Grants & Funding Available.
- Updates and signposting around opportunities in the County for local clubs.
- What supports we in DLR Sports Partnership provide to local clubs.
This meeting is an important opportunity to network and help increase communications among local clubs and assist in maximising resources. Registration is free but must be booked in advance through the following link https://dlrsportsforumjune2022.eventbrite.ie
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership established the Sports Forum in 2008 to act as an information and support structure for all clubs in the County. Now in operation for ten years, the Sports Forum facilitates better communication to and between clubs where members tackle issues of mutual interest, discover methods of overcoming issues and identifying best practice.
Every sports club based in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown can become a member of the Sports Forum and nominate up to 3 of its coaches/volunteers to attend quarterly meetings and input into sessions. In addition three individuals are nominated by this group to sit on the Board of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Sports Partnership whose aim is to increase participation in sport and physical activity among all.
Benefits of the Sports Forum:
- Regular updates on upcoming grants, developments and opportunities
- Training for coaches and volunteers
- Act as a way of sharing information between clubs and the Sport Partnership
- Identifying ways to tackle mutual problems/issues
- Act as a coordinated voice for local level sports clubs in the county.