With many sporting clubs & groups now back to training and activity across the County, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership are delighted to announce details of the second round of its Covid-19 Club Small Grants Scheme for 2021.
Sports clubs and groups in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown can now apply for COVID-19 Club Small Grants of up to €1,500. Funding applications must be submitted prior to 5pm on the 9th August via the online application form that can be found here https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=TRuTEmnV40qHy4MLb46S-niMciELaHBLijTLt2rx7FlUNjRDVk9QNlpSVllVRkNRVlVMV0VNMzFJSC4u
The COVID-19 Club Small Grant Scheme is part of a series of COVID-19 related funding schemes from Sport Ireland and the Government to support the sports sector in response to the current crisis. The COVID-19 Club Small Grant Scheme will provide assistance to local clubs with covering costs associated with the reopening and delivery of their activities.
This scheme is designed to support sports clubs that do not have the finances to implement COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols. The COVID-19 Club Small Grants can be used to support COVID-19 related expenditure dating from 1st January 2021 to the end of September 2021. As the total fund available is limited, clubs which already have the finances to implement COVID-19 protocols should not apply.
This grant scheme is designed and intended to support return to sporting activities only and cannot be used to support COVID-19 costs related to hospitality services such as bars or restaurants within sports facilities.
The scheme will be based on identified needs. Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership will work to ensure that the investment is distributed fairly and every effort will be made to ensure that the wider sports community benefits from this scheme. There is a €1,500 limit per club on this grant scheme, however applications will be means tested and only clubs with the most need will be eligible for the full amount. Clubs should not feel that they have to apply for the full amount to be considered for support.
Speaking regarding the launch of the COVID-19 Club Small Grant Scheme, Coordinator with DLR Sports Partnership, Shane McArdle, said “Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership welcomes the announcement of financial support for sports clubs across Ireland and encourages all sports clubs in the County to assess their need for financial support towards COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols.”
- Only one application can be submitted per sport club.
- Applications to this grants scheme are only applicable to clubs based within Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County.
- Funding applications must be submitted prior to 5pm on the 9th August 2021 via the application form on DLR Sports Partnerships website www.dlrsportspartnership.ie
- Clubs must ensure that, where available, they prioritise the application for funding support via their National Governing Body or relevant representative body. Funding support for the same purpose should not be sought under this scheme.
- Successful clubs will be allocated 75% of the grant amount on confirmation of funding with the final 25% paid on receipt of receipts and proof of spend.