The main topic focuses on expert advice regarding club insurance.
Register your free place on line here https://dlrsportsforumseptember2019.eventbrite.ie
MEETING AGENDA 25-09-19
6.45pm Tea & Coffee
7pm Introduction & Welcome
7.10pm Information Update for Sports Clubs
7.15pm Sports Club Insurance
- What is the current situation with regards to sports club insurance?
- What insurance cover should clubs have in place?
- What options are available in relation to insurance cover?
- A chance to get expert advice on this area for your club.
8pm Election of Sports Forum Representation on the LSP Board
8.15pm General Q & A
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership established the Sports Forum in 2008 to act as an information and support structure for all clubs in the County. Now in operation for ten years, the Sports Forum facilitates better communication to and between clubs where members tackle issues of mutual interest, discover methods of overcoming issues and identifying best practice.
Every sports club based in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown can become a member of the Sports Forum and nominate up to 3 of its coaches/volunteers to attend quarterly meetings and input into sessions. In addition three individuals are nominated by this group to sit on the Board of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Sports Partnership whose aim is to increase participation in sport and physical activity among all.
Benefits of the Sports Forum:
- Regular updates on upcoming grants, developments and opportunities
- Training for coaches and volunteers
- Act as a way of sharing information between clubs and the Sport Partnership
- Identifying ways to tackle mutual problems/issues
- Act as a coordinated voice for local level sports clubs in the county.