The next meeting of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Forum is taking place on the 18th September 2018 at 7pm in Marlay Park House. All clubs are invited to join the Sports Forum and attend these inportant information sharing meetings. For the meeting flyer click here and to register click here https://sportsforumseptember2018.eventbrite.ie/
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership established the Sports Forum in 2008 to act as an information and support structure for all clubs in the County. Now in operation for ten years, the Sports Forum facilitates better communication to and between clubs where members tackle issues of mutual interest, discover methods of overcoming issues and identifying best practice.
Every sports club based in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown can become a member of the Sports Forum and nominate up to 3 of its coaches/volunteers to attend quarterly meetings and input into sessions. In addition three individuals are nominated by this group to sit on the Board of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Sports Partnership whose aim is to increase participation in sport and physical activity among all.
Benefits of the Sports Forum:
- Regular updates on upcoming grants, developments and opportunities
- Training for coaches and volunteers
- Act as a way of sharing information between clubs and the Sport Partnership
- Identifying ways to tackle mutual problems/issues
- Act as a coordinated voice for local level sports clubs in the county.