Sports Inclusion Disability Programme (SIDP)
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership organise and deliver a wide range of training courses, workshops and targeted physical activity programmes across the county for all ages, levels of ability and sporting types.
Each year Dún Laoghaire Rathdown host a Sportsability Open Evening where all the inclusive clubs in the County are invited to showcase their good work and share information with people with a disability and their families. From this a Inclusive Clubs Directory has be created. Please click to view.
Some key achievements of the SIPD include:
Disability Sport – Over 1,600 Participants
- Woodlands for Health - Eco therapy programme aimed at people that are looking to increase positive mental health and activity through weekly woodlands walks.
- Inclusive Family Activity Programme online - A fun activity class for children with additional needs and their families.
- Outdoor Multi Activity Camp - An outdoor summer camp aimed at children with Additional Needs.
- School Sports Hall Athletics – 10 Special School classes covering 120 children. Included an end of programme Gymboree.
- NRH Spinal Championships – partner on this National event over the past 7 years with a total of 285 participants.
- Inclusive Gym – Two 6 week programmes in dlr leisure Meadowbrook & Ballogan providing gym based activities for 42 children with physical disabilities.
- Enjoy Tennis – expansion of this disability inclusion programme, approx. 210 participants.
- Choices For Health – 2 x 12 week programmes targeting people with mental health difficulties through activity & healthy eating interventions (42 participants).
- Disability Inclusion Open Evening – Inclusive clubs and activities showcase good practice and advertised opportunities for people with a disabilities to get involved in sport.
- Cycling Skills Training – Cycling skills training for children with mild physical disabilities, ASD and intellectual disabilities.
- Inclusive Kayaking – 6 week Kayaking course to build skills to enter into Special Olympics kayaking groups.
- Ballybrack Bulls Basketball Club – Adult Basketball club based in dlr leisure Loughlinstown (18 participants).
- Ongoing Programmes – including Access Sailing, Powerchair Football, Special Needs Tag Rugby, Inclusive GAA and others.
- Awareness Raising - working with leisure centres, clubs, coaches, teachers and services in the area of inclusive physical activity.
- Support Service - assist and inform people with a disability to participate in sport and physical activity.
- Capacity Building – nearly 60 services for people with disabilities and other engaged as participants or partners on training & programmes.