Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Volunteer Center
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Volunteer Centre is an independent organisation, which is part of Volunteer Ireland, a network of 22 Volunteer Centres. They offer the following services:
- Support and advice for people considering volunteering, including a database of opportunities where volunteers can view volunteer opportunities in their locality.
- Free advertising of volunteering opportunities for local volunteer involving organisations who register their volunteering roles with us.
- Support, advice and information on policy issues to volunteer involving organisations.
- Training on involving volunteers.
- Help with developing new projects involving volunteers.
- Advice and information around best practice issues when involving volunteers.
- Garda Vetting Service for organisations who do not have access to their own Authorised Signatory.
Seminar on New Garda Vetting Legislation
The seminar took place in Bewley's Hotel, Leopardstown, April 22nd to provide information and to answer questions with regard to the new National Vetting Bureau-Children and Vulnerable Persons Act.
The National Vetting Bureau (Children & Vulnerable Persons) Act will provide a legislative basis for the mandatory vetting of persons who wish to undertake certain work or activities relating to children or vulnerable persons.
Over 150 club volunteers where in attendance and there was great deal of interest. The event was organised in conjunction with South County Dublin LSP.
What is Volunteering?
The term volunteering covers many different activities. It can mean doing a sponsored walk; giving blood; getting involved in your local guiding club; assisting a charity with its finances or administration; helping someone to participate in sport ... the list is endless.
Before offering to volunteer, think about:
- Why you want to volunteer
- What type of voluntary work you would like (and wouldn't like!) to do
- What skills, experience or enthusiasm you can offer
- How much time you can give
- Other practicalities, such as where and when you want to volunteer
Why Volunteer for DLR Sports Partnership?
Volunteers are an important resource when it comes to developing opportunities for sport and physical activity participation. Sport relies heavily on the time and commitment provided by volunteers.